- “Stop using what’s left of our muscle to press against crumbling / walls; use them to hold another body”: Queer Bodies and Illness at the End of the World in Jason Purcell’s SWOLLENING
- A Review of PEOPLE CHANGE by Vivek Shraya: “Our ideal self is actually holding us back, not propelling us forward.”
- My Favourite Reads of 2021
- My Favourite Reads from 2020
- Art, Lesbian Love, Palestine, Cairo, and Family in the Novel THE PHILISTINE by Leila Marshy
Join 3,719 other followers
- Marked as to-read: Anne of Greenville by Mariko Tamaki goodreads.com/review/show/49… 10 hours ago
- RT @ohwitchplease: #AbortionsAreMagic We’re taking the month of August to fundraise for Chicago Abortion Fund. As some of you know, Coach… 10 hours ago
- RT @caseyplett: 💜 10 hours ago
- 77% done with We Play Ourselves, by Jen Silverman: Omg, Tara-Jean Slater just asked Cass... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 day ago
- Marked as to-read: Real Bad Things by Kelly J. Ford goodreads.com/review/show/49… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Interview with a Queer Reader
Interview with a Queer Reader: Vigdis Talks Reading Boy-on-Boy Yaoi Manga as a Lesbian, Trying to Find Good Queer Books in Norway, and More!
Meet Vigdis, a lesbian reader and writer from Norway! She gave me a really lovely and detailed answer to my “introduce yourself question,” which I thought I would reproduce here: Well, what can I say? Firstly, I didn’t ‘realize’ I … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Lara Talks Getting Queer Books in Small Town Eastern Europe, FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters, and More!
Meet Lara, who is a 22-year-old nonbinary lesbian from Europe! She is currently a computer engineering major who likes linguistics as a guilty pleasure; this means she doesn’t have a lot of free time on her hands! When Lara was … Continue reading
Estlin McPhee is a writer and collective organizer living on Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh land in Vancouver. They work with youth and live with cats. For five years, they co-organized REVERB, an anti-oppressive queer reading series. Estlin’s writing can be … Continue reading
Interview With a Queer Reader: Sanchari Sur Talks Queer South Asian Writing, Naked Heart Festival, and More!
Sanchari Sur is a PhD candidate in English at Wilfrid Laurier University. Her research focuses on South Asian Canadian Writers (women, to be specific), as well as representations of subaltern bodies in those written works, and how those bodies challenge … Continue reading
Interview with a Queer Reader: Cameron Talks PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, Queer Australian Books, and more!
Cameron is a gay man studying and writing in Sydney, Australia. He reads a bunch, watches a lot of film, and reviews local work for the student magazine he’s an editor on. Cameron also writes a fair bit of fiction. … Continue reading